Testing our test automation framework
Automation is sometimes done as an afterthought, this usually leads to failure.
Maintaining The automation suite can be tough and a strong infrastructure can help with that.
But, even when there is an automation infrastructure, people are still having hard time maintaining it and running it with confidence and trust.
This talk is about how looking at the automation as proper code and testing the automation framework can help us to solve these problems, when we should do this, how much it is actually worth to invest in, and how we can start doing it.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- What is a test automation framework?
- Why should we test our framework? (if we should at all)
- The different types of frameworks
- How to start testing and where should we invest the most? (with examples)
- The understanding of the importance of testing the automation framework
- Ideas for how to start testing the automation framework.
- The type of tests that can be done
- How much time and effort should be invested in this kind of testing
Experienced automation developers and testers