Reinventing DevOps Practices for Blockchain Applications
With the arrival of distributed applications that run on Blockchain, it is essential to rethink some of the basic aspects of DevOps. Few things that we take for granted in DevOps area are either irrelevant, impossible or too costly for blockchain applications. Join us to explore the changes that the blockchain apps bring to the DevOps arena, using a hands-on demo of a sample blockchain app.
Outline/Structure of the Hands on Session
- Introduction - 5 min
- Blockchain - A layman’s explanation - 10 min
- Activity to explain the Blockchain Philosophy
- How blockchain apps are different from traditional apps? - 20 min
- Fundamental Changes
- Who have lost existing powers?
- Who have gained new powers?
- What does this mean for the software engineering community?
- Demo of Different tools (Development & Operations) - Ethereum Stack - 15 min
- Hands-on demo on “DevOps for Blockchain apps” (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery with focus on TDD, BDD and technical agility) - 20 min
- Summary - 5 min
- Q & A - 15 min
- An understanding of Blockchain as a field
- How Blockchain apps are different from traditional apps?
- Some insights on architectural considerations of Blockchain apps
- A quick overview of tools involved in this area
- How to implement DevOps in Blockchain apps?
- Inspiration to try out few things in this niche area
Anyone with interest in Blockchain and DevOps fields.
Prerequisites for Attendees
Some experience in Software Development business