Tomasz will be presenting the following session
Tomasz Konieczny - Serverless - how to speed up tests over 300 times and achieve continuous feedback?Tomasz KoniecznySenior QA EngineerRo
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Automated tests can provide results faster and it’s possible to execute them more frequently than manual ones. That allows to test earlier in the development process, decrease overall time needed for tests and what is probably the most important it’s possible to release and deliver business value faster and more frequently.
But what if we have more and more tests and even automated execution of them takes too much time - 10 minutes... 30 minutes... maybe even hours? Should we consider the ability to execute full tests set just a few times a day as something normal? Is adding more compute resources the only option to reduce the execution time? Or maybe there are too many high-level tests and some of them should be replaced by low-level ones according to tests pyramid? Is the tests pyramid still valid in the cloud world?
During the presentation you will see how the serverless cloud services like AWS Lambda may be used to run tests in the highly parallelized environment that can speed up execution even hundreds of times.
1. What got you started/interested in Testing?
I was interested in very different IT-related things in the past - specializing in something very specific wasn’t interesting enough for me. I started with testing because of that - I can do completely different things almost every day - coding, infrastructure, security, performance etc.
2. What has been your best moment/highlight working with Selenium?
Probably when one of the tests I wrote failed and it was a True Positive for the first time.
3. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by Software Testers today?
Thinking outside the box. Software development is changing rapidly - testing also requires a lot of changes or adjustments.
4. What is your advice to testers, who are new to automation?
Learn automation basics really well before you start with more "interesting" things. They may seem boring at first, but they will allow to improve faster in the future.
5. Tell us about the session(s) you will be presenting at the conference and why did you choose those topics?
During the session I will show how to speed up test execution with Serverless services.I chose this topic because it can significantly improve not only testing but also whole development process.
6. What are some of the key takeaways from your session(s)?
- How to deploy real Chrome/Chromium browser at AWS Lambda
- Architecture of Serverless test runner.
7. Which sessions are you most looking forward to attending at Selenium Conf?
I think all of the sessions will be great, but I never plan attending specific ones before conference.