A Tale of Test Pyramid, Double Loop TDD and Mocha
- Does your test suite take really long time to run?
- Do you want to optimize the cost of testing, without resorting to traditional cost-cutting stuff?
- Do you still use debuggers for fixing production defects?
- Do you crave for an easier way to manage test cases written by developers?
- Do you understand TDD but don't know where to start writing the first unit test case?
If you say yes to any of the above questions, this session is for you.
This demo-driven talk will help you understand
- How to start with TDD in a brownfield monolithic application?
- How to organize test cases with cost efficiency and time efficiency as goals?
- How you can demonstrate the above concepts to your team, in your office, by using an open-source code repo?
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- Introduction - 3 min
- Common challenges to adopt TDD in brownfield monolithic applications - 5 min
- Demo - Test Pyramid with Continuous Delivery - 12 min
- Demo - Pair programming using Double-loop TDD - 12 min
- Summary of learnings - 3 min
- Q&A - 10 min
After the talk, as a participant,
- I will be able to write test cases with cost and time effectiveness
- I will be able to explain double loop TDD as a practical way to implement TDD in a brownfield monolithic application.
- I will be able to motivate test-driven development in my team or organization by talking about something more than the red-green-refactor mantra.
Prerequisites for Attendees
Drive to build quality into products