The Ki to ScrumMastery - stories on the subtle art of creating transparency
In this session we tell stories of post-heroic servant leadership from three cities in two continents that draw out reality and leave people feeling that they achieved breakthrough results themselves. Leadership that broke down barriers (very literally!), eliminated distrust and dysfunction, socialised issues and facilitated decision-making that saved a high-stakes project and transformed the culture to an environment of empowerment and candour.
Using these stories as inspiration, participants identify examples of increasing transparency across widely used Scrum artefacts such as Product Backlog and events such as Sprint Review.
Outline/Structure of the Hands on Session
20 mins - stories from the presenter's experience
15 mins - participants add examples of transparency increase to posters
5 mins - debrief and close
- Powerful techniques for encouraging improvement without command and control
- Examples of how to be effective as a change leaders without interfering with self-organisation or autonomy
- Examples of how to improve commonly used Agile events and artefacts
Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Agile Leaders
Prerequisites for Attendees
- Awareness of Scrum events and artefacts.
- Awareness of the ScrumMaster role.