Transparency - Because Bad Things Hide in the Dark
Individuals, their interactions and communication are highly valued in Agile.
These values frequently find application in the form of big visible charts or information radiators.
Yet, in a lot of large, traditional organizations who have started their journey in Agile, the public display of information, uniformly accessible to all, is unsettling.
Through a “scary” analysis of the impact of the lack of transparency, I aim to build a really strong case for more transparency at the workplace.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Introduction / Context Setting (5 minutes)
- What is the impact of lack of transparency (10 minutes)
- Discuss various aspects like ignorance, bad politics, others
- Discuss how these may manifest themselves in the workplace
- Big visible information radiators (5 minutes)
- Popular media
- Popular charts, visuals
The audience will gain insight into the real impact of lack of transparency and symptoms to watch out for.
They will also get a quick overview about popular big visible information radiators.
Agile practitioners, Coaches, Scrum Masters, Managers, Executives, Change Agents