Anand will be presenting the following sessions
Anand Bagmar - Testing & Release strategy for Native Android & iOS AppsAnand BagmarSoftware Quality EvangelistEssence of Testing
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
Experimentation and quick feedback is the key to success of any product, while of course ensuring a good quality product with new and better features is being shipped out at a decent / regular frequency to the users.
In this session, we will discuss how to enable experimentation, get quick feedback and reduce risk for the product by using a case study of a media / entertainment domain product, used by millions of users across 10+ countries - i.e. - we will discuss Testing Strategy and the Release process an Android & iOS Native app - that will help enable CI & CD.
To understand these techniques, we will quickly recap the challenges and quirks of testing Native Apps and how that is different than Web / Mobile Web Apps.
The majority of the discussion will focus on different techniques / practices related to Testing & Releases that can be established to achieve our goals, some of which are listed below:
- Functional Automation approach - identify and automate user scenarios, across supported regions
- Testing approach - what to test, when to test, how to test!
- Manual Sanity before release - and why it was important!
- Staged roll-outs via Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store
- Extensive monitoring of the release as users come on board, and comparing the key metrics (ex: consumer engagement) with prior releases
- Understanding Consumer Sentiments (Google’s Play Store / Apple’s App Store review comments, Social Media scans, Issues reported to / by Support, etc.)
Pooja Shah / Anand Bagmar - Getting Started with AppiumPooja ShahLead Automation EngineerMoEngageAnand BagmarSoftware Quality EvangelistEssence of Testing
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
You always wanted to start Mobile app Automation using Appium but did not know where and what to start with? Or started but got stuck among understanding capabilities, locating elements, finding whats wrong and your daily work deadlines? Yeah, we all have been there. Hence here is this workshop, precisely designed for beginners to quickly get started with Appium in NodeJS.
At this workshop, you will learn everything from the scratch step by step. We will together understand the key concepts, apply them right there and write our “first test” in appium before we learn more nitty-gritties as takeaway for you to go and implement at your actual work directly.
Think of this as a one-day crash course in Appium. The course will be prepared in NodeJS but there will be help for those who want to get started in Java.
1. What got you started/interested in Testing?
I got into testing not really by choice. But once I started, there is no turning back. After 20 years in the field, I still feel there are so many areas I need to learn about and contribute to.... its phenomenal.
2. What has been your best moment/highlight working with Appium?
Testing media stream based applications and getting deeper insights from the app using Appium & ADB has been a huge success.
3. What do you think is the biggest challenge faced by Mobile Testers today?
Taking the same hardware and software and understanding the nuances, variations, and complexity of it behaving differently when moving across different network/data conditions, and the challenges that it creates for testing. Many testers in the field take it too easy and lightly.
4. What is your advice to testers, who are new to automation?
Focus on good learning to code well. Automation is applying a testing mindset to the developer knowledge. Lack of any one of these aspects means you will not be able to add enough value/ROI to the effort spent in Automation
5. Tell us about the session/s you will be presenting at the conference and why did you choose those topics?
I will be helping Bruno and Pooja in the "Getting started with Appium" full-day workshop - where we will be focussing on how to write appium tests using nodejs.
I will also be sharing my experiences by means of a talk/session - "Testing & Release strategy for Native Android & iOS Apps" - where I will talk about the testing and automation approach/strategy taken to test a B2C app, used by millions of people across various geographies.
6. What are some of the key takeaways from your session/s?
From the workshop, I am hoping participants will be able to get started writing tests using Appium for native apps.
From my session, I hope participants (all roles) will be able to get numerous insights on how testing and releases can be managed for a widely used native apps (on Android & iOS)
7. Which are your favourite sessions at Appium Conf? (Sessions that you are looking forward to attend)
The program for AppiumConf 2019 is amazing. There are so many interesting topics - which are applicable to all experience levels. In addition - meeting and networking with all the fantastic speakers from across the world will be an amazing learning experience. That said, some sessions that I am very eager to participate and learn from are:
- Sai Krishna / Srinivasan Sekar - Life Cycle of an Appium command,
- Sravan Kumar - Bootcamp to understand Appium android internals
- Raveendar Reddy Anugu / Rajesh Kumar - Automated Static and Dynamic Security Analysis of Mobile apps
- ManojKumar - From the Trenches: State of Mobile Automation frameworks
- Jason Huggins - World Domination: Next Steps
- Justin Ison - Appium Native Application Crawler
- Jonah Stiennon - All Desired Capabilities
- Simon Granger - How we took Appium to 11 platforms
8. Any personal message/remarks you want to share with the Testing community in India?
The testing community in India is very vibrant. We need to continue being curious, and eager to learn and share with others. AppiumConf 2019 is one such platform - let's make the best of this opportunity!