Setting up Jenkins CI Pipeline using Appium tests for Android and iOS
GUI and functional tests determine if the product is working correctly from an end user perspective. With increasing number of automated GUI tests we would want to automate when and where they are executed. Continuous Integration helps in merging code to a centralised repository frequently and find out issues early in development cycle in order to help push quality upstream.
In the talk, you will see examples of how you can setup CI system for Android and IOS native/hybrid apps and how to plugin your Appium tests in the pipeline using Jenkins. We will also talk about the challenges we face while setting it up for Android and IOS applications. We will also talk about how to strengthen your CI pipeline via integrating various tests and Static code analysis tools.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- Live demo on how to setup basic CI pipeline for Android and IOS - 10 mins
- Integration of Appium tests that runs on every code push - 10 mins
- Using real devices to run Appium tests in CI pipeline. - 5 mins
- Challenges in setting up Appium with Jenkins. - 10 mins
- What's next ?? Setting up test strategy and reducing CI execution time using device lab infrastructure. - 5 mins
- Q & A - 5 mins
- Setting up CI pipeline for Android and iOS
- Integrating Appium tests in CI using Jenkins
- Insights on various types of checks to integrate in order to strengthen CI pipeline.
- Challenges faced while running Appium tests on CI server and how to overcome them.
- How to make your CI pipeline faster.
Test Engineers , Developers
schedule Submitted 2 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Vivek upreti / Abhishek Gaur - Enabling devOps to Achieve Continuous Testing and Release Monitoring to Accelerate Mobile appsVivek upretiEngineering managerGojekAbhishek GaurSr. Technical Program ManagerUber
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
The current situation reflects the organisational desire to ship faster with adherence to highest level of product quality. Testing should be carried out at every level of product development so that we achieve the highest quality level with minimised risk and cost post the software development cycle. With implementation of Continuous Integration enabling various quality gates ensure right code make its way to main-line.
Continuous Delivery enables teams produce software in short cycles, ensuring that the software can be reliably released at any time and, when releasing the software, doing so manually. Building an infrastructure that helps in taking decision on decision on increment rollout and halts asks for integrating automated analysis of various metrics (Crash monitoring , Playstore feedback sentiment analysis, current performance of app on market and other key User engagement metrics) to post release tracking of mobile apps.
In this talk we will share some experience on how the above can help in shipping faster with more quality and at the same time enabling Devops automate build release process and App Performance monitoring.